Sunday, June 21, 2009

Twas the night before London...

Since I leave for London tomorrow, I figured that it would probably be a good idea to start experimenting with this blog! So far, it has been a great summer. Finished up finals at BYU and moved home for a few weeks. Getting my wisdom teeth wasn't the best thing I've ever done, but I'm glad it's over. While I was recovering, I got an infection in my sinuses and had a fever for a couple weeks.

Luckily, I was pretty much recovered for our family vacation to Hawaii. After a stressful tax season for my dad, surgery for my mom and stresses of school for the rest of my siblings, a nice break in Hawaii was well deserved by all. My mom's Uncle generously let us stay in his fabulous condo for a whole week. We spent most of our time at the beach boogie boarding, snorkeling or reading some great books. I re-read the 6th Harry Potter to refresh my memory for the new movie coming out (while I'm in London!). We also spent a lot of time at two gorgeous pools by the condo. I came away from the trip refreshed, with a new tan and a bottle of my favorite perfume: Maui Rain. (It smells just like my favorite flowers:plumeria). For pictures of this trip and everything else that I'm doing this summer, check out my facebook page until I figure out exactly how to post pictures the way I want on here.

After getting back to Hawaii, I returned to my job from last summer at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I was grateful to have a job, especially since I could only work for about a month before leaving for London. It was great to see all my old friends at work and serve some crazy functions. One of the highlights was serving at a function where President Thomas S. Monson spoke and getting to chat for a minute with Elder Dallin H. Oaks. I'll definitely miss all my friends at the Jo while I'm gone, but I won't miss the black polyester uniforms.

Now, I'm all packed up and ready to head off to London. Every now and then, I have moments where it all feels real. But, for the most part, it feels too good to be true. I can't wait to actually be there and be able to live my dream of visiting a place I've been fantasizing about for as long as I can remember. There is no way I could've been able to go without my parents' help and support, so a big thanks to them, as usual. I'll post some more when I'm actually at the Centre!! Hooray!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you, Ilarene! You are going to have an amazing time! Keep updating your blog...I want to read all about your adventures. :)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete